The power of the internet (and Twitter).
Thanks to Twitter, Caitlin from Dana Rebecca designs stumbled upon Bachik’s site. Twitter suggested that she follow us & the rest is history! Caitlin filled out our contact us form on Bachik’s site & asked about doing a Bachik feature on the Dana Rebecca Designs blog.
About DRD: Dana Rebecca Designs features gorgeous handcrafted and luxurious diamond and gemstone jewelry. Each piece is inspired by the designer Dana Levy’s travels around the globe. Dana’s designs are a timeless collection of chic treasures. Dana Rebecca Designs have been seen on Oprah Winfrey, Salma Hayek, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Megan Fox & more.
Thought I would share one of my favorite blogs with you 🙂 The Short and the Sweet of it is written by Kirby & Alexa. Join them for something sweet as they write about recipes, fashion & life.
They were so nice & welcoming of Bachik – This is our first official blog that we are featured on as an ad sponsor so it holds a special place with us =)
I came across these on a very cute cooking blog, Baker Girl & immediately decided that they would be my go-to baking task this holiday season. With all the holiday parties & people to see this season it is really nice to have something (very) easy & (extremely) cute to bring to the host/hostess.
I don’t want to toot my own horn, but these were TASTY! I don’t like peanut butter – or – I should say, I am picky about my peanut butter… I only like it with bananas or on celery, but these were not too sweet. The perfect level of sweet combined with the salty chocolate covered pretzel antlers made a perfect balance.
These can be done with any cookie – gingerbread, sugar, but Peanut butter was what I had in the pantry so that’s what I went with.
The preparation. Something I have yet to learn from my Mom is the art of maintaining a clean and tidy kitchen while cooking. My kitchen is always a disastrous war zone while my craft is underway.. And notice the wine in the background? Well, that also adds to the mess (and the fun of it all 😉 ).
I was a tiny bit worried that I would have some questionable looking reindeer at this point…
What you will need:
The Process of making your Rudolph come alive:
Stumped on what to get your daughter, friend, wife, new girlfriend, sister, sister-in-law or colleague for the holidays?
Here are a few of my favorite things =)
1. Wet Brush. My longtime hair stylist has been harping on me to stop brushing my wet hair right after the shower. She gave me this brush a few visits ago & when I returned the next time, she could tell a huge improvement on the breakage. All ages love these too because they don’t pull or yank wet knotty (naughty) hair =) *Beware & please excuse the wet brush’s suggestive packaging 😉
2. Jayson Home’s Moroccan Appetizer Plates . I drool over the Jayson Home site and was so happy to find their “Under $25” gift section. These plates are perfect for your little entertainer =)
3. Anthropologie’s Dining Room Measuring Spoons. These are a great way to add a girly twist to your standard measuring spoons. Any girl who likes to cook would appreciate these.
4. Amulette Necklace by Talon. I found out about these gorgeous creations through a link on someone’s Facebook to a fashion blog and have been obsessing over them ever since. When purchasing the necklace, you choose the style (silver, gold or glass) and the scent you want around your neck at all times. Scents are sent in a separate vile in case you want to use your own perfume. Super Sexy
5. Anthropologie’s Homegrown Monogram Mugs. I fall in love everytime I walk into Anthroplogie. Over the weekend, I found these mugs & I loved the color combinations. These are the perfect for your tea or coffee drinker!
6. Kai Gift Bag. Kai smells like a vacation and since I like to keep the element of vacation around at all times, I wear this scent all year long. Kai products range in lotions, perfume, oils, candles, bath bubbles & linen wash. I carry my Kai Perfume Oil around with me all day everyday. Any and all the products are to die for.
7. Southwest Gift Card. In my opinion, this is a great go-to gift for anyone and everyone. Have a friend that you want to visit you, who loves to travel, who is dying to go somewhere, who loves weekend getaways, or who has family far away? Southwest gift cards will never go to waste.
8. YAS. I chose YAS because I know they do gift cards, but give the gift of exercise. Have a friend or family member that you know loves to do Yoga, Pilates or is a member of a gym? Check to see if that studio does gift cards (sometimes calling is the best for this) – Memberships these days are quite expensive and it is a nice way to relieve their stress & invest in their happiness & well being.
9. Incipio’s NGP for iPhone 4. Incipio has amazing cases for most mobile devices, e-readers, Mac computers & more. Across the board, my personal favorite is the NGP. My poor iPhone 4 has “thrown itself” down flights of stairs and even made the plunge off a balcony and survived thanks to this case. Among their huge assortment of colors, my personal favorite color is this Matte Translucent Purple shown above.
10. Monkey Hat by Bachik. Have any women in your life who are expecting, have babies in their family or a baby of their own? Give the gift of a Bachik. Bachik is a line of hand crocheted baby hats & heirloom blankets.
11. Women’s Health Magazine. Give your girl a subscription to a magazine on her favorite topic: Cooking, Sailing, Travel, Architecture, Yoga – anything! Women’s Health Magazine has a twitter deal today: Give or Get 1 year of Women’s Health Magazine for $7.97!
12. LeSportsac Weekend Bag. I love my LeSportsac and take it absolutely everywhere with me because you can shove so much cr*p into it! There are so many cute patterns & sizes to choose from – you can’t go wrong with this one. (Think, this and a southwest gift card – a weekend get away gift! wuhoo!!)
13. My favorite wine, Cupcake. I love anything Cupcake, but most specifically, their Red Velvet Blend. It is the best thing since sliced bread. Take this wine to a party for the host/hostess gift or give this as a gift and they will thank you for always.